While contemporary society comes with great opportunities for raising our children well, it can also feel like it is getting harder for modern moms to live a balanced lifestyle ourselves. How can we create the best circumstances for our children, while also taking the time we need for ourselves? In this series of workshops we explore how Ayurveda can support motherhood by bringing back the balance in our ever demanding lives.
In each workshop we will introduce or recap the basic concept of the four aims of life and will take you along on a creative journey to experience the ideas first hand. Also expect each workshop to have a special guest. These inspiring mothers will be announced through our instagram and via the website of The White Door Studio.
About this series: The Four aims of life
We approach Ayurveda by explaining it’s four aims of life from a modern point of view so you can apply this ancient knowledge in your life directly. In this series of 4 consecutive workshops we explain Ayurveda’s core philosophy from a mother’s point of view. If time doesn’t allow you to join us on this journey, no worries: each workshop singles out one of the four aims but is designed to stand on its own.
- Dharma: Your passion or purpose. What gives you meaning in this life? What do you find interesting? How do you walk your path? Together we’ll explore how you can follow your own curiosity.
- Arta: Value or material comfort. We need resources to make our life purpose manifest. Means to pay your bills and to do what you want to do. Expect a toolkit to figure out which activity or profession can support your life goal.
- Kama: Pleasure and desire. We deserve to enjoy good food, relaxation, vacation, nice clothes, etc. However, we have to be mindful it doesn’t take us into possession. Ayurveda shows us how to bring in a sense of delight in your life and what it means to be present with all our senses.
- Moksha: the ultimate goal, spiritual liberation. The goal in which we realize that there is more than just a passion, property and desires. This is the highest form of self-healing it doesn’t mean it’s out of reach for most of us. We will explore how small things matter and see it’s the small steps that lead to big breakthroughs.
Workshop 3: Dharma
In the third workshop you will connect to your dharma. Know what gives you meaning in this life. Understand what you find interesting and how you can follow your own curiousity.
Therefore, we’ve invited inspiring mother and writer Florine Duif from the “Mompany” to talk about the shift of consciousness and how you can bring this into motherhood.
We will talk about:
- How to choose for less stress in our demanding modern society
- How to increase your self-esteem as a mother
- How to grow authenticity into your role as a mother without losing your identity with womanhood
- How to deal with mom guilt
- How to manage your energy (and, what is energy?)
- How to connect with spirit so you can live your full potential
During this third edition on Sunday the 17th of November you will meet like-minded mothers while enjoying Florine’s favorite snack.
Regular ticket: €35 (1 child included)
Early bird ticket: €30 (1 child included)
Extra child: + €5 (pay cash in the studio)
To make life a bit easier as a modern mom, your kids are welcome too! We have a creative activity for them and babysitter, so you can fully enjoy the time for you.
Kim and Shari became close friends during pregnancy and their daughters Miki and Uma are born only 2 days after each other. Both drawn to Yoga and Ayurveda, they soon realized that they wanted to empower other mothers to become the best version of themselves. We really believe that every mother deserves time to connect with herself and her purpose and we hope to inspire you to live a balanced and fulfilled lifestyle.