While contemporary society comes with great opportunities for raising our children well, it can also feel like it is getting harder for modern moms to live a balanced lifestyle ourselves. How can we create the best circumstances for our children, while also taking the time we need for ourselves? In this series of workshops we explore how Ayurveda can support motherhood by bringing back the balance in our ever demanding lives.
In each workshop we will introduce or recap the basic concept of the four aims of life and will take you along on a creative journey to experience the ideas first hand. Also expect each workshop to have a special guest. These inspiring mothers will be announced through our instagram and via the website of The White Door Studio.
About this series: The Four aims of life
We approach Ayurveda by explaining it’s four aims of life from a modern point of view so you can apply this ancient knowledge in your life directly. In this series of 4 consecutive workshops we explain Ayurveda’s core philosophy from a mother’s point of view. If time doesn’t allow you to join us on this journey, no worries: each workshop singles out one of the four aims but is designed to stand on its own.
- Dharma: Your passion or purpose. What gives you meaning in this life? What do you find interesting? How do you walk your path? Together we’ll explore how you can follow your own curiosity.
- Arta: Value or material comfort. We need resources to make our life purpose manifest. Means to pay your bills and to do what you want to do. Expect a toolkit to figure out which activity or profession can support your life goal.
- Kama: Pleasure and desire. We deserve to enjoy good food, relaxation, vacation, nice clothes, etc. However, we have to be mindful it doesn’t take us into possession. Ayurveda shows us how to bring in a sense of delight in your life and what it means to be present with all our senses.
- Moksha: the ultimate goal, spiritual liberation. The goal in which we realize that there is more than just a passion, property and desires. This is the highest form of self-healing it doesn’t mean it’s out of reach for most of us. We will explore how small things matter and see it’s the small steps that lead to big breakthroughs.
Workshop 2: Moksha
In the second edition you will learn how a planted-based lifestyle supports your ultimate goal in life (Moksha). To reach this state we should live in harmony with everything around us. Living in harmony with everything doesn’t include animal suffering and therefore following a vegan lifestyle will support your healing process.
Nevertheless, it should be mentioned that Ayurveda is in its essence not vegan. According to the classics there are certain imbalances in which meat and dairy functions as a medicine. Yet both Isabella and Loulou are convinced that if we live wisely we can avoid this. At least for most of us.
Therefore we have invited Isabella and Loulou from ‘Go with the Glow’ to give a talk about vegan living for mothers and kids.
You will learn how to:
- Prepare healthy vegan snacks for your kids
- How to raise your kids vegan (supplements, vitamins, etc.)
- Make delicious and nutritious vegan foods for your kids
- How the plant based version of ‘de schijf van vijf’ looks like
- How you can integrate plant based protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, B12 and omega’s in your diet
During the workshop you will meet like-minded mothers while enjoying delicious Healthy Green Muffins.
Last ticket: €30 (without child)
Regular ticket: €30 (1 child included) SOLD OUT
Early bird ticket: €25 (1 child included) SOLD OUT
Extra child: + €5 (pay cash in the studio)
To make life a bit easier as a modern mom, your kids are welcome too! We have a creative activity for them and babysitter, so you can fully enjoy the time for you.
Kim and Shari became close friends during pregnancy and their daughters Miki and Uma are born only 2 days after each other. Both drawn to Yoga and Ayurveda, they soon realized that they wanted to empower other mothers to become the best version of themselves. We really believe that every mother deserves time to connect with herself and her purpose and we hope to inspire you to live a balanced and fulfilled lifestyle.