AYURVEDIC SPRING CLEANSE – €15
17.30H – 19.30H
WHY? Boost your health by resetting your digestive system when the seasons change.
WHAT? We like to invite you to an Ayurvedic practice to stay in balance: the mono diet kitchari cleanse. In the workshop you will get familiar with the Ayurvedic concept of Agni (enzyme function in the body to metabolize our food), Ama (undigested food) and to understand the importance of a healthy digestion. Spring is a perfect time to clean our body using this well known ancient method.
We will discuss:
- How the changing of the seasons influence changes in our body
- Purpose of the cleanse
- What is meant by Agni and Ama in Ayurveda
- The importance of a healthy digestion (malnutrition, Ayurvedic anatomy (the 7 dhātus) &nutrition absorption)
- How to set up your 3 day Ayurvedic Cleanse
- Shopping list and recipe
- Do’s and don’ts while cleansing
- The physical and mental benefitsHOW? During your first meal we will tell you all the things you need to know about the cleanse and how to do it. To make sure we all know how to cook the kitchari we will cook the dish together and eat our first meal collectively in a beautiful environment. To make sure you will leave the studio with all the info you need to do your cleanse you will be provided with a practical guide (incl. shopping list, explanation on the cleanse and FAQ).FOR WHO? This cleanse is for everyone who wants to experiment with an Ayurvedic mono diet to reset their digestive system, cleanse the body and start spring fresh and energized. If you are a woman and in your period, pregnant or breastfeeding this cleanse is not advisable. If this is the case you can still come and join the session and collective diner so you can do the actual cleanse on a timing that suits you.
WITH? Kim Geerts – yogi mom who lives Ayurveda in modern society & Founders of The White Door Studio – Emily & Sarah.